• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yoke on d30 - any ideas

lisdexic

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the pinion seal on my D30 and forgot to mark the relation between the yoke and the pinion, so I put it all back together and obviously I put it back on in the wrong position, and now I have horrible vibes at speeds above 65mph.

My question is - is there a way to get my pinion into the correct position on the yoke with out guessing and checking over and over?

O.K. first, are you sure the pinion nut is tight, double check because it needs to be tight! I'd say about 200 ft lbs. Also take the drive shaft loose from the pinion yoke and rotate the drive shaft 180 degrees(opposite from where it was) and remount it. Make sure that you use new straps and bolts and that your "U" jonts are in good shape.

xjtrailrider said:
O.K. first, are you sure the pinion nut is tight, double check because it needs to be tight! I'd say about 200 ft lbs. Also take the drive shaft loose from the pinion yoke and rotate the drive shaft 180 degrees(opposite from where it was) and remount it. Make sure that you use new straps and bolts and that your "U" jonts are in good shape.

something inside of me is screaming for mercy..

something about overtorquing the crush sleeve ..

I'd wait for another opinion before I tried that..

Back