• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running these bumpers?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
im not they look fine and they are cheap
i would just ask the vendor for some pics of how it mounts

u can have the beefiest bumper but if the mounts are weak than theyre worthless

cas

i do not run these...eh look questionable and not too ashthetically pleasing but decent price... i would go with a reputable company personally when i comes to bumpers...

I would NOT run that rear bumper because it only uses the flat factory mounts. Cheap and broken ends up costing more than the right equipment the first time.

i agree with everything said above. the are cheap, only mount to factory locations. i guess that is fine if you are going for aesthetic purposes, but on that note, they are hideous. you would pay less by buying the steel and having someone weld one just like that. those look garbage!

trailblazer.jpg

http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/front_xj.html

blitzcan2.jpg

http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/rear_xj.html

That's where mine are coming from. party1: Birthday present! :clap:

I am running these bumpers and have used them as a recovery point several times with no failure...yet. The guy was using pic of my rig on his auction (the green sport). Last recovery was about a week ago when I sunk up to my floorboards in mud. By buddy jerked with full-throttle several times before I was freed. To my amazement the bumper remained intacted.

As a side note, whenever I got my last xj I contacted the seller to see if he would give me a discount on my second set of bumpers...he quoted me a higher price than I originally paid, needless to say I am shopping elsewhere!

Only being 1/8th wall, they seem kinda weak and thin for a good, solid bumper. I look at getting them too, good price, until I saw what size material they used. So I picked up a JCR front bumper and made my rear one.

Back