• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bigger lift? or new jeep?

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok this is what i got right now, 97 cherokee, RE 3.5 inch kit w/ fender trimming and 33's. this thing is great, but its just not big enough, the other day I rode in a yj witht the top down and really liked the open top, and feel of the wranglers. but on the other hand I like the room in mine, so Im at a dilemma, Im 17 gonna be a senior in highschool and I am thinking about buying a cheap yj and going spring over and some 33's or, get the RE 5.5 long arm kit for the cherokee. I know your opinions are kind of biased towards the cherokee, but what do you think? Im going to be working all summer and pretty much all of the money is going to go towards either one.

CV95XJ said:
ok this is what i got right now, 97 cherokee, RE 3.5 inch kit w/ fender trimming and 33's. this thing is great, but its just not big enough, the other day I rode in a yj witht the top down and really liked the open top, and feel of the wranglers. but on the other hand I like the room in mine, so Im at a dilemma, Im 17 gonna be a senior in highschool and I am thinking about buying a cheap yj and going spring over and some 33's or, get the RE 5.5 long arm kit for the cherokee. I know your opinions are kind of biased towards the cherokee, but what do you think? Im going to be working all summer and pretty much all of the money is going to go towards either one.

i'd stay with the XJ since its newer. get some ACOS and shackles and an LA upgdrade. good to go!

I'd say go with the spacers, and stick with the 33's. Especially if it's a daily driver. As a cheaper method, you could pick up a used set of drop brackets. Instead of the long arms.

Definately stick with one Jeep, i have two running Jeep cherokees that are draining my wallet everytime i get paid. I also have a DD..=car payment and insurance each month. If you want to have a wheeling rig, and entertainment money, build only one jeep up. Take it from a broke guy like me. Stuff adds up so quickly now, plus Xjs are alot more spacious. More chicks can go on trail rides with you!

Back