• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont start have to hold the pedal to the floor?

MATTVW65

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ 4.0 ax15
I have to hold the pedal to the floor to get it started? Its acting like it is flooded. I have no enginge light on,took it to the local dealer "have a friend there" and he hooked it up and it told him that i was getting to much voltage to the map sensor and the coolent sensor...... ok i changed both without any improvement. I was thinking it was the TPS changed it ....nope. any ideas...

o i forgot.. i washed the engine at the local car wash when this all started i also changed the cap and rotor today:repair:

To much voltage to the map sensor and the coolent sensor or
To much voltage FROM the map sensor and the coolent sensor.
To much voltage to a sensor could be a computer problem, to must voltage to the TPS would cause hard starting.

make sure you are running stock plugs, I know it seems unlikely that that kind of problem would manifest itself when washing the jeep, but I have seen stranger.

also, listen to your ECU. I got the ECU in my 93 wet washing the engine once and had problems with the engine starting. The ECU was making a high pitched hiss/whine when the key was on. I disconnected and removed the ECU, cleaned and dried it thoroughly and the problems were cured.

good luck

Back