• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

camber/caster changes.....help

wvredxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, i searched and searched........and nothing. When i back up, my camber goes negative, badly, when i put it back in drive, and go forward a few feet, my camber goes postive.......and my axle rotates. Balljoints are good, wheel bearings are good, and i just replaced the upper control arm bushings. This jeep sits at 7.5 inches of lift, and long arms (radius). Someone tell me what to do, its driving me nuts. Should i change the lower control arm bushings?

u might want to post in modified forum

the only thing that keeps the axle from rotating is the control arms and their related bushings. That should limit what you have to inspect to locate the problem. With radius arms, the bushings at the chassis end have very little to do with axle rotation, so that leaves bushings at the axle end as the likely culprit.

If your radius arms are unusually short, suspension jacking may be a contributing factor.

Back