• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nonHO to HO alternator swap

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a renix jeep and a pile of HO (nippondenso?) alternators. Anyone know how to put a HO alternator in? Looks like it will bolt in but the wirings different...

Yeah - you'll also need to add a regulator, since the Delco is internally regulated, and the ND is regulated by the PCM.

It would be easier to put in the Delco anyhow - I also find them to be more reliable and rather hearty. ChryCo went to the ND because they've got part stock in the company (I think - they use them everywhere else!) and because Delco is a GM brand. AMC used what worked, and designed what they needed to, which is why RENIX has a Ford distributor, a Chevvy alternator, a Toyota transmission, Bendix electronics, ... AMC = All Makes Compatible.

5-90

damn...now I have to go out to another parts xj and get the alt off it...thanks for the help though

I thought chrysler was in bed with denso *who is a toyota company* but my WJ has a bosch well maybe thats because of the damiler influence...

Back