• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Shocks lenghts?

schmiedel

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to buy a set of shocks for my front end (I have stock shocks with 3.5" lift and it's crap.

As I'm planning to lift 1 - 1.5 more inches, I need to buy the right shocks. My optiosn for Nitro RC9000 are:

9127 - for 2-4" of lift
9177 - for 4.5 - 6.5" of lift

I would need to know minimum and maximum lenghts of these two part numbers so I can measure and make up my mind with wich to go with.

I'll probably end up with the 9177, but I don't want to mess up.

Regards

Well, I only found application guide and part numbers, but I need the collapsed and extended lenghts, I didn't find them anywhere.

Skyjacker has them:

lift part no. extended / collapsed (inches)
0-3" N8016 22.75 / 13.54
4-5" N8025 24.75 / 14.54
6" N8049 28.75 / 16.56

I need the same info from RC. I would buy the Skyjacker shocks, but they are 50% more expensive than the RC, so I am evaluating which will be best for my application, but I will use the measuring technique (remove shocks and disconnect swaybar and lift one side of the axle as far as I can). That will help me decide which shock is the longest my setup will support.

Finally found it, it was really hidden in a pdf that's not quite visible when you are on the shocks page, RC should get better links on their page, but well, that's another issue.

2-4" N9127 24.54 / 14.64
4.5-6" N9177 26.04 / 15.39

These are the specs for the RC shocks, the 2-4" is quite similar to the 4-5" shock from Skyjacker (seems somewhat strange)...

I will make my measurements, but I think I'll end up with the N9177, but mesuring will finally tell.

Back