• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic request: '87 drum brakes

mr_W

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone has closeup photos, or have a chance of making few of them, on 10 x 1 3/4 drum brakes internal parts ?

I'll soon have small missing parts (mostly e-brake and adjuster) and will have to assemble brakes back, but none of the diagrams I got from FSM shows 10 x 1 3/4 brake from '87. The one from '88 fsm is all blurry and not in enough details.

Anyway, they have been disassembled for some time, and not only that I forgot how to setup adjuster lever and associated springs and cable, but these parts were even initially missing, so that is now a major problem for me.

Thanks!

0900823d80154668.gif

0900823d80154667rr.gif

Well thanks!

But I've already seen that one. The problem is that I don't know how or where to attach shoe spring. I messed around with shoe spring from '90 brake, and attached it somehow strange.. it works, but I'd feel more safe if I used original '87 shoe spring.
Same goes for adjuster lever. It was missing from '87 brakes, and one from '90 didn't seem to fit.

If I could just see real photo. :)

Thanks!

Thanks! I see now where that shoe spring goes.. to adjuster lever! No wonder why I couldn't attach original spring, when there was no lever :O

On newer brakes, this spring goes between both shoes. Or at least it was like that on my '90 brakes.. So I just set it up like that on '87 also.. Heh.

Back