• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock krawler install problem

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I started to install my rock krawler upper control arm mounts on my 95 xj country and have run into a problem the t-case is held on by a bolt and a stud one on each side of the cross memeber and the stud is not long enough to accomadate the long arm mount. Has anyone run into this problem and knows what to do?

I soaked it in PBblaster and used a HUGE pair of vice grips and got mine out. Others have plced two nuts on the studd and loosed the top one to braek them loose.

the nut will be a 10mm x 1.50.

the rk kit comes with new xmember bolts, use them! you need to take out all the studs. use some heat and some vice grips to get it off. if its still stuck, use to nuts and back it out.

Right I know I can get it out I could even drill it out if need be but then how to I get the new bolt in that rock Krawler gives you because it has nothing to thread into and I can not put a nut on the inside of the frame rail so that I could screw into it that it was I am confused on. Unless I have the idea of a stud completly wrong, is the stud just like a bolt without a head on it in a sense so once a do get the stud out there will still be a nut on the inside of the frame rail like with the other two bolts taht hold the cross member up?

Back