• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I'll come right out and say it: I'm a retard:jester: I searched and couldn't find an answer so that probably means I'm the only one suffering this particular retardation. I can't change my wiper blades. I have now idea how its done. I bought two new assemblies (frames plus blades) last night and tried to do what should be a 5 minute job and now I have no wipers. I pulled the blades out and managed to twist the frames. I can't get the old frames off so I have 2 new wipers sitting on my passenger seat. I've changed my waterpump, alternator, starter, oil, and tires on my own and now I'm being foiled by windshield wipers!

From what I understand, you are changing the whole arm assembly? If so, there should be a lever or tab that you have to push in before you can pull the arm off. Do not try and pry the arm off without pushing the tab in, or you'll break a piece of the actual motor off. This is how my back one worked, so I am assuming it's the same for the front too. Hope that helped. They certainly are a PITA though.

yep pull the front 1's off the glass about 6".Then pull up on the little tab on top,lower the blade untill it holds itself against the tab.Pull it straight off.

get out torch heat till red hot then grab it and it will slide off ..
really there should be a small tab that you push down and the wiper should slide off . if its the other style lift up the clip with a screwdriver and slide it off . ( or read the directions that the new wipers came with ) good luck man

Back