• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IPF HD wiring upgrade (worth it?)

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im getting ready to upgrade the candle sticks I have for headlights to IPF conversion.

I was looking around a couple of websites, and I found out they offer a wiring upgrade, it looks like some heavy gauge wire with a couple of relays. Is it worth 139.00 or can it be fabbed up pretty easy. Im not really good when it comes to electrial stuff. but I know a few things, is there anybody with any suggestions or better yet directions that could help me out? cuz I rather spend that 140 on a spare shaft:D. How hard is it to make this thing. Or do you think its worth to go and buy it?

I'm setting up something similar, although I'm going to wire it up to run foggies and drivers as well.

Lessee....... relays at less than $2 each. A couple of switchs, $4. Some assorted wire, less than $5. Nope, not getting anywhere near a hundred bucks.

Personally, $139 for a relayed harness is too steep. See if you have a Painless Wiring dealer near by, they also have relay lighting harnesses.

If you dig around the http://www.partsexpress.com website, in the Resources area, there's a decent write-up on relays, and a few things to do with them. Doesn't have the headlight circuit, though.

If you build your own, you'll need a pair of relays (one for high beams, one for low.) You'll use the existing wiring as a trigger to the relay, and run power straight from the battery through the other leads on the relay. This way, the headlights still work exactly as they did without the harness.

ChiXJeff

Not worth the money.

If you can't find another diagram, I can come up with one for you and send it to you. As someone else says, too much money for 2-3 relays and some cables.

Rgds

Back