• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring bolts

Superhero

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing a RE 3.5" lift with new leafs. One of the front bolts just keeps spinning though. I searched and found out you can cut the welded area underneath it so you can get to the nut on the other side. I did that but the nut isn't broke. It's still welded on. All that's left is the bolt with the metal sleeve around it. I cut everyhting else away. So why won't this bolt come out?????

Sounds like the bolt is rusted onto the metal sleeve in the bushing, and you're turning it inside the bushing. both my LCA bolts were like that when I did my lift this weekend.
If you can get a sawzall up in there you can cut the bolt and the leaf will fall out, but you'll have to cut both sides. You'll also trash the bolt and the bushing.
Damn you randy!

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try cutting the metal sleeve or the whole bolt off tomorrow and backing it out that way. I had to cut all the rest why would I think this one would be any different. Thanks again.

MAKE SURE you get that bolt backed all the way out, then cut it on both sides of the leaf, then your good to go. Those new bolts are $5.35 a piece from DC...but most joints don't stock them, so you'll have to order them

Back