• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firestone Destination M/T

DIKASUN

NAXJA Forum User
I can get a really good deal on bridgestone or firestone tires because my dad works for them, and i was wondering if anybody has had or heard anything about the Firestone Destination M/T? It's pretty much the same thing as the Bridgestone Dueler M/T if anyone knows anything about that one either.

And before anyone says anything about says anything about Firestone.... I'll go ahead and say it.... It was Ford's fault.

I have ran Dayton Timberline M/T's and loved them, I am going to start running them again.

I'm running Destination M/Ts and like them pretty well. Great in mud and do well in rain also. Didn't get much of a chance to try them in snow & ice this year. Not as loud on pavement as I thought they'd be.

I run them on my TJ and really like them. The TJ doesn't see a whole lot of trail use but they seem to do pretty good on the trail from what I have experienced. They wear even and don't make nearly as much noise as my MTR's on my XJ. One thing is they suck in the snow.. but being in TN you probably aren't that worried about it, plus the LWB on your XJ should help some.

I run a 33x12.5 Bridgestone Dueler M/T and you can't beat it for mud - they clean out well and grab like crazy. Great for muddy, dirty trails. I've cut up the sidewalls pretty good and they hold up, never rolled a bead, etc...

They don't stick to rocks very well, though - I often have trouble staying on the high spots when hitting the rocks. I might groove the lugs to help a little with the lateral traction.

They run nice on the street also, not any louder than my BFG A/T's, and they wear well on pavement.

I've run 31 inch Destination M/T for right around a year now and love them. Worked well in snow and rain. Not overly loud as most mud tires are. So basically x2 on what everyone else has said.

Great Traction
Great wear so far (10,000miles)
True to Size
Quiet
Great price

Check out tirerack.com for reviews on this tire. I looked long and hard and decided on these for all of the above qualities. I have yet to be disappointed.

I ran them on my work truck, I have to get into the oil fields and cellular sites, they are a great tire. Mine wore like iron and had excellent traction qualities on the road and off. They were a little squirrelly feeling on the road but fairly smooth and quiet for a mud they did suck on ice. I ended up blowing the transmission on my work truck so the tires are gone but boy do I miss them (ford exploder by the way)... But I am getting approval to get new tires for my new work truck (tired of getting stuck). I am trying to decide between the destination MT siped or the Dunlop Radial Rover RT

Back