• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie SS brake line question

MuddinJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched, but didn't find what i was looking for...
I had some SSbrake lines pulled out of a jeep at an auto wreckers along with my 4.5" lift, and they just cut the brake lines. Is there a write up on installing these? How do I tap into the hard lines? Its just the rear that I'm concerned about because the fronts I can relocate. Any help is appreciated:read:

Last edited:
1) be more patient. Everyones recovering from a holiday weekend, and two hours isnt very long to wait.

2) "they just cut the brake lines" .. they cut the SS lines? They cut the hard lines? more info requiered..

oh whoops forgot you guys had a holiday weekend:D As for the patience bit...I'm usually a bit better, but I'm sitting at home procrastinating.....:geek:

They cut the hardline 1/8" off of the nut on the SS line. I tried unscrewing the nut, but it just came off of the SS line. What I'm wondering is how I go about attaching the SS to the hardline if I don't have the nut that came with it...

the 'nut' should be on the end of your existing hardline?

maybe i'm not understanding something. can you post me a picture of what you mean?

oh...well that works out well...I even looked at my stock lines...now I have to figure out how to delete this thread...:confused1:doh:
thanks for the input Cal...sorry to be such a dummy:D I thought the nut was a part of the SS line...

Back