• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiper removal.. yes i searched

TsizeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i need help i cant even take my wiper assembley off my jeep:gonnablow the front wipers will not come off. there is alittle tab you slide up and in theory you would pull the whole wiper off but no! help!!

oh and the back one needs to come off also....

thanks

Edit: im talking about the whole thing. i want to take them off to repaint them black. they are disgusting looking right now

Last edited:
Did you pull the wiper back from the windshield first? The tab locks it into this position and it should then slip off easily.

langer1 said:
Pull it all the way back, the tab you talking about locks it back then carefully work it off, you may need to pry a little if its corroded.

Yea, I usually have one of those little pocket screwdrivers handy to get it started. I do have one grip about Jeep, why did they not make those wiper arms go all the way back like our TJ and YJ, makes it so much easier pulling winter blades putting on normal blades. I HATE IT when I slip and the arm smacks the windshield... I also put a spritz or two of graphite on that splined part before put the arm back on..

thanks! ill try that when i get off work. what i was doing is pulling that slidding pin thing with the wiper on the windshield and then pulling.

After pulling out the tab ,put a pry tool(I use a Brake adjusting tool) under the edge of the arm where it meets the splined shaft.You may want a shop rag or something to cushion the paint.Use the tool to push/pry up on the bottom . Anti-sieze is your friend.
Wayne

Don't make the mistake I did, and have my dad help me.. haha, jk. He broke the back one off. Yes, it's a PITA for sure. There's a little tab on the inside of each arm that you have to push in before you can pull the arm off. My only suggestion to you is to be VERY patient and get something small, like a small Allen wrench or a flathead screwdriver, to try and push the little tab in with. And, since you said they look crappy, why not just buy new ones? I'm not sure how much the front two would be, but I found a new arm for the back for about $13.

Back