• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

baja claws or xterrains

phurealdeaux

NAXJA Forum User
'95 xj 4 door, 3" rusty's/re lift, daily driver.

70% street, 10% trail, 10% sand, 5% mud, 5% rock.

what would ya'll recommend? mt baja claw radials or pc xterrains?

so how did you calculate your percentages? Is there some sort of formula? I would use neither Claws or Xterrains. If you wanted a tire that looked aggressive and worked good on the road, get the BFG MT. The AT's are even more road worthy, but they lack traction in wet grass, mud, anything you throw at it.

Egg

i have had bothe BFG A/Ts and M/Ts. the A/Ts, like egghead said, suck in anything wet! the M/Ts are like 10-15 bucks more, i think, but well worth it and u can still get 80k miles out of them. they are amazing! i have the M/Ts in 31s and they have A LoT of miles and abuse on them and they still grab and hold air amazing! i am looking into purchaseing a set of 35 BFG M/Ts from a friend. the claws will wear pretty quick on road! if u were doing more wheelin and less road driving i would say go with those. they are great in mud and everything else. the Xterrains dont do too well in the mudd but are good wtih everything else,thats what i have heard, dont know about wear???

I have no expierence with claws but I do have expierience with xterrians and they are good tires... great in the snowy conditions but horrible in grass or flat hard ground where they do not dig in... they do wear good on the road though... if I were in your situation I would go with firestone destination a/ts... they are very cheap tires and work really well in just about any situation I have come across... very good for trail riding where you will get alot of different terrian... I perfer them over bfg a/ts any day...

but if your going for something that looks more aggressive I would go with swamper truxus m/t's or bfg m/t's both work good in the above wheeling...
my .02

I hate my X-terrains, atleast up front.

Another vote for the Truxus -- they run nice and smooth on the highway -- barely hear them, and have PLENTY of traction for what you are doing.

If money is an object check out the Kuhmo Venture MT's . They are fantastic in snow, and do an admirable job on the trail. In fact, they are my tire of choice for Eastern rock. They stick like glue. They are also much better than the BFG MT on wet roads. I've run them side by side and they work better.

cooper st, not stt.

Back