• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting a gas tank skid

So I dented my gas tank pretty severely this weekend, and I'd like to replace it and get a skid plate for it at the same time. My question is about mounting the skid. I have rear tow hooks on my XJ that consist of two plates that sandwich the rear 'frame' rail. Could these possibly get in the way of mounting a gas tank skid? Are there any gas tank skid plates that mount without using nutserts?

I cant say if your tow hook will interfere with a skid or not because there are several aftermarket skids and a factory skid and while they all mount to basically the same locations on the frame, they are shaped differently and may or may not work with your hook setup.
I dont think there are any fuel tank skids that use nutcerts to mount. As far as I know, they all bolt up through the frame and use backing plates or nut strips.

Back