• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 c-clip stuck in no-slip

GrapeApe said:
Anybody know how to remove stuck c-clip.

Thanks

Might have to move the axle in and out a little, they are a bit of a pain you just have to find the right position and it will end up falling right out.

I don't think there is a magic answer for this. I had that problem, and it was a result of a broken tab. It dimpled in towards the c-clip so the clip wasn't able to just drop out like it's supposed to. I had to get after it with a dremel and several carbide bits to cut it out.

Hopefully you won't have to do that though. I ground down a set of needle nose pliers so I could reach in the slot and grab the clip. You can also try a magnet. Actually, before those, spray it with WD-40 and move the axle in and out a bit to see if it will drop.

After you get it out, make sure you check that the tabs are OK. Be very careful reassembling it, so nothing gets broken. Be gentle when inserting the pin and make sure everything is lined up.

E-mail me at jdbwrx@hotmail and I can send some pics of the pliers and stuff. I also have pics of the broken spacer.

Good luck.

I used brake cleaner. The gear oil seems to make them stick. JIM.

Back