• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Rebuild

Datator

NAXJA Forum User
First time post!!! Recently purchased 1996 Cherokee Sport and have been going through it. Front diferential was leaking so I removed the entire front axle and plan to start rebuilding it. It is a Dana 30 reverse cut. I've been looking around a little but need all the do's and don'ts. Any input on quality differential, front axle universals, front end bushings, and wheel bearing hub parts? Where are the best prices? I plan on a 3 to 4 inch lift some time next year. Jeep will be used for hunting and play. New to the jeep adventure but, I am very excited to a part of it. I've already replaced the header with a Banks SS Torque tube header. Looking foward to everyone's input. Thanks in advance!!!

I think a bit more info is needed about the type of "play"

I feel that the Federal mogul bearings and seals and spicer Joints work fine, but are you wanting to lock it? Upgrade axle shafts? Lockable hubs?

Also, people say that poly bushings squeek (for what is worth)

Jesse

Mostly mud play with occasional rocky trail nothing as extreme as out west. Will spend most of my time in the Big South Fork OHV located in southeast Kentucky on theTennessee line. Saw a guy bust a front axle (in a Ford Ranger) trying to excape a wicked mud hole down there last year and just don't want to end up like him.

Back