• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Farmermatt, track bar hook up for dana 44???

atowley

NAXJA Forum User
Farmermatt, or anyone who can answer this for me. I was wondering if you might be able to show me a picture or description of the bracket you made made for your track bar. My XJ is finally on springs up front with the EB dana 44 up front. Radius arms are done. Now the only thing I have left is the track bar. Where did you mount it to your axle? Thanks,

Any help is appreciated.

You should have had a single shear mounting hole for a massive bolt already formed on the axle.... The factory application used a track bar.
EB's are Farmer Matt's forte... My 79 model axle has the above-mentioned formation as it was forged in 1979....

Mine has a very large stud coming out of a bracket from the factory EB. It won't work with my adjustable track bar. Not in the right postion either.

You'll have to fabricate one. I used the stock trackbar bracket to bolt to & built from there. I made mine bolt on. I had all the intentions of making a weld on version after I worked out the bugs & got the steering worked out, but it hasn't moved & neither have I. I torched the stud out of it's hole & drilled 2 more 1/2" holes in the top of the bracket. The angle brace is made from an old steering dampner bracket & squre tubing. It isn't pretty, but it holds good.

Matt

show_image.html

Well for some reason the pic isn't showing so here's a link.

Front End Overview

Last edited:
what brand of track bar are you running in that picture? I'm running a RE heavy duty adjustable. Alright, gives me an idea to go off of. Thanks,

Adam,

Also, where did you get your limiter strap? That's another thing I have to buy? Can you have them custiom made at a race shop or something?

atowley, are you running high steer like Matt??

I used my stock Ford track bar and mount, just had it shortened to meet my length, but I'm not running high steer (yet).

I started out trying to use RE's HD mount & bar, but found the bar to be too long with the axle mount up so high to match the high steer. I shortened the RE bar & ran it for 1 day, but didn't like the mushy steering feel of the poly bushing. I made a new bar with DOM using poly lined 3/4" heims at both ends & am very happy with it. I'm still using the RE mount on the frame. Mr. Wheeler is right. If you're going to use the stock knuckles for steering than you'll probably be fine using the stock axle mount. I don't know if anyone on the market builds a bar that would work in this application. Time to learn how to build links :) . The limit strap was sown together buy a local company that makes tie down straps for truckers & people who tow. Same place I got my rachet straps to tie down the Jeep on the trailer.

Matt

I would love to see pics of your guys' radius arm setups.
Im starting one, and Im not sure which way to go.

alright. thanks for your info. You are right on the RE track bar. Too long. I was looking at it today after work pondering it. I am thinking about ordering a johnny joint from Currie, the same place I got the joints for the radius arms. Cutting the bar down to length and welding a johnny joint back on. Think this would work? THE_OWL, I would take pics, but i don't have a digital camera. I'll try and get some pics when it finally rolls out the door. And right now I'm going to run the stock knuckles. in terms of steering, it should be pretty easy. I'm going to setup full hydro steering.

Back