• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another problem with detroit install

jameson is dope

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i have an 8.25 rear axle and just had to replace the gears and the locker cause the last one broke. so im installing a detroit no spin c clip style and the carrier is in and the axles are in and the c clips are installled and now the spacing between the axle ends is not enough clearance for the cross shaft to go in. the axles are pushed all the way out and i even used a pry bar and made damn sure that they are extented all the way. anybody got any ideas?

did the c-clips seat all the way into their seats? if not you will either need to grind a little off the clips to amek them fit or put them in a vise to close the gap on them a little. here is a link from rugged jeep that has all the info.

http://www.ruggedjeep.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=116

I have run into this before. The fix I used was to grind down the end of the shaft. be carefull that you grind it evenly. its a PITA but it works. do just a little at a time till it clears.

Make sure the c clips are ALL THE WAY SEATED, if not grind them down.

Back