• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock rails and welding?

I have some AJ rock rails that had a couple of bolts strip out on both sides. I took it to a shop to get some ideas and they said about all I can do is weld them now, so I have a scheduled time Tuesday to have them do this. First question..is this a good idea to do or is there a better option? second...it will cost me about $85, is this a little pricey? (I dont know how to weld on my own)

welding them certainly is an option.

but another bolt on option would be to drill thru the entire framerail use longer bolts with crush sleeves. this would allow the rails to still be removable, yet still be mounted strong

CIMG2168.jpg

MY vote would be fore crush sleeves. To be able to remove them down the road is key. You might end up getting a different tcase skid or longarm kit that those might inter fear with and need to take them off. OR just age and need to take them off to sandblast and or repaint.

Chrush sleeves are the way to go IMHO. Welding would be much easier and much less labor intensive.....but, not the best option.

I would weld it if it's your trail rig and trail rig only and you never plan on getting rid of it.

My $.02.

Back