• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case CV style yoke adapter

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
need some clarification on CV style yoke adapter from 1978-79 Ford Bronco - Understand vaguely that it is possible to use this on the rear of the output shaft on my earlier model transfer case to be able to use a double cardan DS ?:anon:-Also I believe that this older transfer case of mine has 31-splines-Can anyone enlighten me on the uses for a 1-ton CV(1350)Saginaw(GM) off the front of a 1977 Chevy pick-up or Blazer.-
TIA

..NP228,.. I am being advised locally that this yoke adapter off of a 1978-79 Ford Bronco will work on the NP228 transfer case rear output shaft.Just thought that I would get some input/insight/info before diveing into the local "boneyard".I think that my older NP228 transfer case has a 31 spline output shaft ,but I'm not sure- Am anticipateing getting a double-cardan driveshaft down the line .

BILLXJ

Does it have a yoke on it now?If not get the spline count and diameter!

yes,. the NP228 had a 31-splined yoke attached with a large nut,will definitely be measureing the diameter. I was advised that this Ford Bronco yoke adapter is found on 1978-79 model years ?

BILLXJ

If it has a bolt-on yoke what is it that your trying to do?

planning on going to a double-cardan style DS and have been advised that this Ford Bronco yoke is needed..?

If it already has a "bolt-on" yoke.you should be done.It should be a 1310 joint!I dint think they ever used a strap yoke on the front(of the rear driveshaft).Are the four holes threaded?It should look like this!
Take it to your local driveline shop or call Tom Woods!
hd_conv_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Back