• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Swap and other stuff

IcedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I am a bit at a loss of what to further remove to get my I6 out.

I have nearly everything off...I am the point where I could use help from more experience wrenchers....

Radiator is out, so is AC assembly and lines, most sensors are disconnected, bracket holding oil lines off...fuel lines off. Accelerator cable off..
Grill is off, all front crap is off...I am not sure where to go from here, sorry no pics.

Also I have question about the vacuum disconnect for the 30. Since I am putting an AMC 360 in and my question pertains to the connection for that vacuum line on the intake manifold and the pressure line for the brakes. Please ask for clarification and I can better explain, I suck at giving an overview.

EDIT: Oh yeah the other stuff...I have to do some repairs to the frame rail passenger side, it looks as if it has rotted through. If this is the case I am going to need assistance from a fellow XJer b/c I have no welder and no experience with reboxing a frame rail...and the body panels around it are pretty thrashed.

Back