• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Tire Carrier

Rear Tire Carrier YES or NO

• YES

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Should I go with a tire carrier or not. It will be a rear bumper from Rigidco. Not going to put the tire up on a rack, but just put it in the rear cargo area. Running 33's.

i'd say no. just put it in the back. ALL tire carriers eventually squeak and clank, plus like matt said, i like to be able to see out the rear.

Last edited:
in the cab? :) In the passenger seat or what? I like the cargo room so a swing out carrier works good for me. No problem seeing out either....make sure it has a good angle on it though. hate draggin ass.

My vote is yes, and the Rigid is a great choice. I love mine.

yes..... no........ yess noo ok I don't know. I have mine in the back and it drives me nuts. I put my bag of tools and parts in the rim then a tool bag and tire iron cross on top of that then strap it down. ANd it stays just fine but if I go camping then I have to put the cooler and stuff up infront of that then the dog has little to no spaces to sit. I took the lower part of the back seat out and have all my other tools and stuff inder there and that works great and the dog has room to go from window to window when on the trails. I noticed when wheeling in moab alot of drop off sections I would come close to hitting a tire if I had a rear carrier there unless I got it up way high enough to clear the obstical. SO it's a catch 22 at this point really.And I don't want to put it on the a roof rack.

IntrepidXJ said:
had it on the rear. kept landing on it when i dropped off ledges and such. put it back inside.......was much happier.

Not that it wouldnt happen with a RIGID but the design puts it way up out of the way. A bit more than others I have seen.

Stock spare stays inside for DDing. Offing tirer(s) goes on rack when offing. You gentlemen never had more then one flat when offing? I must have the worst luck.

Back