• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OHC

jeffrey803

NAXJA Forum User
i have had a OHC for awhile now,just never connected the compass/temp,only the lights.got it all wired up and working.i have the temp sensor up in the console housing to read inside temp,instead of outside temp.the only problem is when i turn on the key,or start the jeep it seems to reset,and not remember the previous reading.it says something like -1 degree.
could it be because i have it inside and it should be mounted outside?after about 5 minutes of driving it will say it is about 85 degrees inside,but when i turn off the jeep it goes back to -1 degree.it's like it has lost it's memory.is there a memory wire i'm overlooking? TIA.

It sounds like your wiring is incorrect.. Check the wiring diagram in your FSM to make sure you've got it hooked up right.

the temp gauge was reading 104 degrees inside the jeep yesterday,it was actually 92 outside,the compass seems to be working fine.do you think i should move the temp sensor outside like it was meant to be mounted?right now i just have it dangling above the OHC.maybe the temp sensor is bad.i'm gettting info to the console,just not the correct info.i think i have it all connected correctly,the headlights wire works,the dimmer wire works,all the lights work like they should,only thing left is the 2 wires for the temp sensor and i have them connected as well,just on the inside of the jeep instead of on the outside.Thanks for the reply!

I'd mount it outside in ambient air (away from the heat escaping from the engine compartment and out of the sunlight).
Also, temp sensors do go bad over time. A replacement from the dealership runs about $25.

Back