• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 rk coil install help

y-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so, finely I got my coils, and just took my rig appart last night and compressed the shit out of the coils ''as far as i could with a impatch gun''. But still they, wont fit in after takeing the track bar off and everything, so my question is, if i put my super lift ''non adjustable'' lower links on will this give me enough clearence to get them in. I was thinking i would take the lower links out and put the coils in and jack the axle up then re-install the lca's after the weight of teh truck is on the springs. any info appreciated thanks

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, undo your fr swaybar and jack stand the xj, then drop your axle as far as it will go and slip the new coils in, I was able to do that with 8" coils so you should be able to with 4.5" coils, control arms will no have no bearing on this process. You shouldn't even have to compress your coils if I understand correctly what you are attempting.

Did you un bolt the shocks and sway bar?

yea, disconnect the the track bar and all the control arms, they need to be replaced

thanks i just got back from the shop and i did just remove the lower bolts to the controll arms and alipped the one in but iwil have to wait to see if the other will go as smothely. Also how much, can i trim around the lca's for more flex without messing shit up thanks again

Back