• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you hold up your swaybar when disconnected?

jwtrapper said:
I want to see how some of you hold your swaybar and discos up out of the way. Right now I just use a small rope on both sides but want something better.

DPG Swaybar Disconnect Cables (scroll down). For $20, they're a nice, tidy, simple way of keeping the swaybar up and out of the way. Worth every penny.

casm said:
DPG Swaybar Disconnect Cables (scroll down). For $20, they're a nice, tidy, simple way of keeping the swaybar up and out of the way. Worth every penny.
I have something similar ,homebuilt but same idea.

Put an eye bolt in the fender well with nut on the engine side. Good old bailing wire around the swaybar and then thru the eye bolt. This is just on one side and works great.

I use some short (6-8") bungee chords).

Like this

disconnects_006.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

I made a bracket for the post that came with my GenIIs. It looks crooked because it is, but that is the angle that the disco slides on the easiest.

Greenlantern said:
i just have mine leaning against my garage wall, if no one messes with it , it shouldnt fall
Ive found that if you lay it flat on the ground beside your house it should be good to go, know where to fall. I barely have to do anyhting with it.

Back