• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim straightening?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any cost effective way to straighten stock alloy and or steel rims?Also,is there any significant strength difference bettween stock alloys and stock steel rims?

Thanks

Last edited:
depends where they are bent. If the barrel of the wheel is bent, they are a lost cause, if the edges are bent, they can mostly be straightend, but it will never be perfectly straight again. Most tire shops, like discount tire, can fix bent wheels.

Steel can be beat back into shape with a BFH but they will never be the same.
As for alloys, the factory and most aftermarket are cast or machined, the only real alloys that can be restraightened are the hot forged alloys from say Mickey Thompson, forged alloys are more expensive then cast.

Ok screw these bent ass alloys I'll buy some ar 767's....there pretty strong right?I have alot of time and energy in these 5 star alloys because I like the style but they are bent bad enough to make the steering wheel shimmy....

thanks for the replies.

Stock alloys can be aluminum welded, remachined and refinished. Search on the internet for rim repairs. Ebay and the junk yard are a good source for replacements, the repairs are kind of expensive and are more suited to really expensive rims.

Back