• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New forum for the Street & Performance crowd

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Welcome aboard to the newest NAXJA forum: Street and Performance. For those new to NAXJA, we are a Club for Jeep XJ and MJ owners and enthusiasts. Many of our members are oriented towards the off-road travel end of the spectrum, but we have decided to clear a spot in our 'garage' for those interested in on-pavement activities.

Got questions or needing info about street-oriented chassis and handling mods? This is the place :) and it can only get better as more folks with real-world experience in this aspect of Jeeping find and participate on this forum. Feel free to participate, but keep in mind that we attempt to maintain a family-freindly atmosphere on our forums.

Basic engine tech and modification info has always been found on our OEM tech and Modified tech forums, so let's try not to duplicate efforts over here. Using the search feature on the forums is a quick, easy way to see if your questions have been previously answered.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy your time spent on the NAXJA forums... Also remember we are a Club and depend on members dues and sponsors advertisements to keep the lights on in here... If you find that NAXJA is helpful and a good fit for you, please consider joining using the printable application at the link below.

www.naxja.org/html/applicat.htm

Thanks!

now we can get some more ideas for "Pro Street" XJ/MJs.
when i get rich and famous i want to build a drag 2 door XJ and a road race/autocross 2 door XJ. any ideas or funds send them my way.

We Need to talk! That is what I want to do! Darlington Winter Nationals beckons me!

sadly i am poor and ugly so i can only finish 1 XJ at a time,
i was thinking 4.0 with stroker kit and 200hp nos kit, built tranny and 8.8 and 4.10/4.20/4.56 and 10" slicks and traction bars would be a good start.

Thank you Woody and the rest of the BOD. Also thank-you open minded XJers who made this possible. I think that this is a big step in bringing more XJers into our club as well as making us the true authority when it comes to the XJ.

XJguy

Just got the email... wanted to say :wave1:

Dr. Dyno said:
One or two of you will know me as Dino over there. :cheers:

Hey Boss

XJguy said:
as well as making us the true authority when it comes to the XJ.

XJguy

This site IS the authority on the XJ

Good to see you over here Dino (Dyno) your knowledge and experience is truly welcome here.

John

I'll be reading this forum! even though I decided to lift this one, my next xj will be the fastest jeep in the land. that is of course when I can afford it.

Count me in!

....next please.....

Last edited:
Great to see a forum for street performance only. I have no interest in off-road, did that in my motocross days. Too old now. I hope to see alot of new and time-proven ideas. I prefer 2-wd to 4-wd, lighter and drag cars seem to do well with it. Love to see ideas on beating BMWs' and other SUVs'. Let the games begin!!

I used to be very hardcore in to the street performance deal when I lived in Germany, so I am interested to see the concepts and ideas tossed about here.

I was (am) a big VW guy. When I worked at GM in Germany, I had a 16V Golf, and the other Techs had the 16V Opel's. We sure had some fun on the weekends.... and snuck our junk on the dyno at work when possible. Our stuff was so low to the ground, we had to build a path over the roller to get on the dyno, or we would break our spoilers.

Here in the US, a lot of the effect are for appearance. However, I can attest to the effectiveness in everyday full throttle *legal* driving. I went to the Black Forest one winter. In the snow, broke my front spoiler. Made for harsh driving at anything over 100MPH. One piece of the system upsets the balance of the rest.

Ahh.... those where the days.

Be safe, be legal, and have fun.
Glenn

Aha! but it isn't just for street performance... (though that discipline will probably be a majority...) I think this place needs to become a braintrust for all other sorts of XJ/MJ diversion besides off-road in Low range...

I want to hear from the sand and asphalt drag guys and the oval & twisty track folks too. SCCA had MJs racing some years back, it'd be great to get in touch with a driver or crew chief from that series for relevant info. Also plenty of 2x4 XJ/MJ owners are discovering "pre-running" and JeepSpeed will only get more popular...so this forum will surely absorb some crossover.

FWIW my kinky dreams involve a 4.0 powered aluminum-hulled 2 seat jetboat, and a soon-to-be unquiet NC mountain rafting river that runs up through it...stopping to fish along the way of course.

Safely upgrading and/or improving the capabilities of one's street-driven vehicle is a time-honored pastime (been happening longer than Jeeps have been around) and one NAXJA is fully into. Pretty much every substantial mod one does to their ride requires a learning curve to interpret gains (or loss) and honest feedback from peers is invaluable. After working on your Jeep, be careful until you are clear on how things have changed.

BTW NAXJA is always looking for Tech Articles... If you have done something that works well, and have a writeup (pix is good too) to explain it, please share it with the XJ/MJ community.

Thanks

Yup.... if you got an article send it my way to [email protected] and I will look it over for permanent posting. For articles we will even provide a permanent home for pics that come with the article (sizes and numbers within reason of course) :D

I just wanted to say thanx to the people that made this happen -emotional tear- This is the forum i needed to help me get started on my street/performance jeep.... as soon as i get the dentz repaired on my doors

Just back from Myrtle Beach, SC. Woke up this morning and..WHOA!, a performance forum. I applaud all at NAXJA for this. I still think its a great Idea.

:D :anon:

Yellow XJNJ said:
Just back from Myrtle Beach, SC. Woke up this morning and..WHOA!, a performance forum. I applaud all at NAXJA for this. I still think its a great Idea.

Me too, but there is another performance forum that encompasses all Jeeps. It's the Speed Freaks section of Jeeps Unlimited, and I'm the moderator there :rtm: :

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17

Jeeps Unlimited

Yeah, longtime admirerer of the JU speed freaks section, but i can't get a membership. I only have a hotmail email account so it won't let me register. I tried emailing asking for help, but i din't get a responce. Any suggestions? Also, Dino, when I started roaming the JU forums on a constant basis, I was amazed to find that you were a real human being, and not the omnipresent god that i always thought of u as. I have memorized your site for as far back as i can remember, and tave taken so much of your knowledge about our preciuos lil 242. Thank you, and please don't respond, I'm not worthy.:)

Back