• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chip in my hood-paint/body work question

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
I have a small chip in my hood which is maybe the size of a pea (yes it is pretty small). The chip is through the clear and through the paint and I can see that rust is forming in that spot. What are my options for getting rid of the rust and stopping it from "growing" without making my hood look like $h!t? This is a pretty minor problem but I would just like to stop it now

Thanks
Brian

I would try and get the surface rust off the metal with something tiny, like a dremel or something small that will sand lightly, and precisely. Then use your touch up paint using a few light coats to build up the area with paint and finish it off with clear nail polish to seal it. Wax and buff it a few days later. I had to do this when a rock flew off a dump truck and hit my hood. It's been years and it's still fine.

Back