• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campgrounds

XJCasper

NAXJA Member #1042
Making arrangements for our trip in August.

I have found this link for Tillamook Campgrounds within the forrest:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/camping.shtml

Any input?

Can any locals help us out for good vs. bad decisions?

I have heard there is a County Fair going on in Tillamook the same weekend and it's not worth it to stay in Hotels.

So, where we stayin?

Jason

I would also like to know, since I will more and likley be pulling down a tent tralier. Sleeping in the Jeep is my second option. Hotels are too spendy for me. Camping will be cool. Im in for that. And there better not be a burn ban, because camping without a fire is like wiping before you poo, it just doesn't make sense.

JMotorsprt said:
Making arrangements for our trip in August.

I have found this link for Tillamook Campgrounds within the forrest:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/camping.shtml

Any input?

Can any locals help us out for good vs. bad decisions?

I have heard there is a County Fair going on in Tillamook the same weekend and it's not worth it to stay in Hotels.

So, where we stayin?

Jason

x2

What's a good place to stay down there?

Browns camp has a pretty large campground. My wife and I and another couple were there the beginning of May, there's tons of camp sites, pit toilets and there's supposed to be running water, however we never found it, not really a big deal since we had beer, soda, and bottle water anyway. It does get kinda chilly at night, but not bad in the summer.

I wish I could go, but it's doubtful that I'll be able to meet the equipment requirements and start a membership before August. C'est la vie, there's always next year.

Pat

If you still want to stay in a hotel, look in Banks. It's no further than the drive from the Tillamook side.

I'm all for sleeping in the back of my jeep. Even made a make-shift bed for it last weekend

sorry to say so, but by august burning will be restricted. I'll check up on that when it gets closer, I drive by the ODF office every day, and I'll find out about if the fire is contained, I have a large metal tub that I use for fires here in the city, haven't had any problems yet

I thought I had found a phone number for reservations someplace. I will have to take another look tomorrow.

We've camped in Browns Camp before. Nice size campground, lots of space. I think we had TWO campsites and like 8 rigs between us. The spots we got were HUGE. I plan on staying there /w my trailer.

J

I have my wife playing 20 questions without my participation.

Where is the closest place to find a showerr?
I told her there were none. We would have to go swimming.
What is a vaulted toilet?

JMotorsprt said:
I have my wife playing 20 questions without my participation.

Where is the closest place to find a showerr?
I told her there were none. We would have to go swimming.
What is a vaulted toilet?

Vault toilet is like a permanent Honey Bucket. Concrete or block structure, and a crapper into a storage tank that gets pumped. Kinda crude, but gets the job done.

J

Alrite, I believe a few of us WA. guys are trailering thier rigs down(more and likley me also), so OR. guys, where is a good place to camp, that will have room for trucks and trailers? I know we stayed in the horse campground area, where else is there?

I was wondering if we needed to reserve a campground area.

Where would accomodate a group like us?

Jason

twardnw said:
can't really help with that, but I can let you all know that burn restrictions are already in place in the TSF. So no campfires... sorry

Ah, we're used to that up here. ;) Par for the course in the NW.

JMotorsprt said:
I was wondering if we needed to reserve a campground area.

Where would accomodate a group like us?

Jason

There's no reservations from everything I've found. I would have done that a LONG time ago. ;) I'm going to be heading down on Thursday morning to scout and stake claim. Anyone who wants to join my family is welcome to come along. Will take Friday to run a few trails and explore the general area.

Looks like I will be going with ya Phil. I took Thursday off.

We will be driving down two vehicle.

Jason

Back