• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" pro comp lift for 92 XJ

sgarrett916

NAXJA Forum User
i want to get a 3" pro comp lift with 32/11.50r15 what all will i need besides the lift rims and tires? hoe easy is the install? how will the spacing be on the tires? give me all the help you can....

If you don't turn and hit a bump at the same time u will be ok. Really for 32's u need 4 1/2 lift w/ no trimming the fenders. Now u can do alot of trimming and run 32's w/3",s.

Bo

Cut fenders out and/or bumpstop F&R. Get some 15x8" wheels with 3.75"-4.25" of backspacing. Do a search on what you are looking to get out of them.

You may possibly need longer shocks if the kit doesn't come with them, maybe a track bar also, just to keep in mind. Alignment when done.

Do a search on what other lift kits are out there. Thier are plenty 3" kits that are good.

If you have no experience doing suspension work, search on how to do one. If not, take it to a shop. The difficulty can range from person to person. If you don't have any knowledge on how to do it, it can be a 10. If you have done a few, it can be a 5. If you do them every weekend, than a 1. 1=easy, 10=hard. It depends on the person in my view. If you have any more questions, just ask, and welcome to NAXJA. :cheers:

Your not going to get 32's under it with a 3 Pro Comp unless you trim. It's not a bad lift for the road but I think there are better choices for a rig that will see off roading. If you get different rims defnitly watch the backspacing. You'll need to keep the wheel inside the well or even 31's are going to rub in the the rear. I would also suggest gettin new springs for the rear. The add a leafs will start sagging after about 4/5 months, and make things even worse. Also if you get Pro Comp shocks get at least the 3000's . I have been told the 1000's are worthless, adn that was by a Pro Comp rep.

EDIT: Flex stots of my xj running the Pro Comp 3" AAL kit on 31/10.50's

Last edited:
First, don't go Procomp, look around and find complaints. Go Rubicon express 4.5. If you can't afford it, save up and do it right. You also, most likely, have to call someone like Tom Woods for a new driveshaft and SYE.

Jason

Stay far away from Pro-Comp full leaf spring I have broke 2 sets in 11 months they are a 3 leaf pack with a overload. They sag really fast, i had to run a 1 1/2 inch lift shackle to get the 3 inches out of them, and as soon as you put 4 adults in it the jeep looks like a dog dragging its a$$ across the carpet.
Just my 2 cents

Back