• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another vaccume head ache

Blazen2door89Xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok ok..we all hate vaccume lines, but to run fuel infection we need them...gurrrrrr.. well I own a 89 2 door with a engine out of a 90, do to the fact that I blew my front pisten rod threw the drivers side of the block on the stock engine.. so here's my issue's... Blue vaccume line for the front end..were does it go? and Iam also have issues with it revving up n down..I dont have alot of money to dump into it so any suggestions would be geat.. It also is sluggish on the take off also.. lots of vibration and hesitation... before I blew the last engine, It ran great..Lots of power and torque..So any help ?..... thanks.. Gabriel283

Buy a can of carburettor cleaner.

Let engine sit and cool overnight.

Start engine in the morning, and spray a fog of carburettor cleaner EVERYWHERE that there is a vacuum seal - intake manifold mounting surface, vacuum lines, EGR valve, everything.

The "fog" will be drawn in anywhere there is a vacuum leak, pinpointing it for you and making it easier to fix (because you'll now know where it is.)

As far as the loose line, I haven't had to deal with that yet, so it's not in my notes anywhere. I'd have to look - unless someone here can provide the answer first?

A "wandering idle" can be caused very easily by a vacuum leak.

5-90

My blue line isn't connected to anything, and everything works fine. You sure it was connected before you pulled the old engine?

As for the second issue, check to make sure your timing is properly aligned on the crankshaft and distributor. Also, make sure the MAP has a good line to it and the TPS is working and adjusted properly.

In regards to that blue vaccume line, is the axel vent line the only blue line? I ask because on my '87 MJ I have a blue line underneath the coolant bottle on the passenger side, but it's connected to a line that looks to be a purple/lavender color. The thing is, my 4WD light doesn't shut off, and the HVAC doesn't work either. The purple line looks to run in to the cab through the passenger side firewall.

So I guess I really have two questions. the first being if the blue line is the vent and second, if it is, where should that purple line go, or is it a vent also?

TIA for the help,

Pat

Back