• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pump flange rusted out... help

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Need to get the rig running quick.

Putting in a new gas tank this weekend ran in to a problem. The round flange that the tubes and wires for the pump/ect run through is rusted out on the bottom and won't seal against the o-ring.

Local parts store says they can only get the complete assembly for $$$. Does anybody sell just the flange/tube assembly? My FP and guage sender work fine.

Andy

BTW: 89 XJ with 4.0L

andyr354 said:
Need to get the rig running quick.

Putting in a new gas tank this weekend ran in to a problem. The round flange that the tubes and wires for the pump/ect run through is rusted out on the bottom and won't seal against the o-ring.

Local parts store says they can only get the complete assembly for $$$. Does anybody sell just the flange/tube assembly? My FP and guage sender work fine.

Andy

BTW: 89 XJ with 4.0L

I have one, I think. I could send it to you if you can wait for postage. I have to go out for a while this afternoon, but will check for condition and the like later this PM. Either PM me here or nag me on this thread later today if you're interested (free for shipping cost if I find it and it's good). It would be either mailed or UPS'ed from Vermont, and if I find it all right, I should be able to have it out tomorrow.

LMK

Found it. Complete unit with no fuel pump, and arm of gauge float is a bit bent. Otherwise fine, a little surface rust on outside of flange but nowhere near rusted through, and the ground wire looks to be well attached still. If you give me a mailing address (PM if you want it private) I'll stick it in a box tomorrow. It should be pretty light so easy enough to go postal. Nearest UPS store is 25 miles away, and I'm kind of busy tomorrow, so postal works best. Let me know what your preference is on cost vs. time.

This is from a renix tank right? 87-90.

PM sent.

langer1 said:
Every new tank I've seen comes with a new lockring and gasket.

Yes it did.

The problem is the tube/flange assembly the fuel pump and guage mount to. The round flange that seals to the tank is rusted out around the edge. Might try calling chrysler today and see what they say, but my guess it it will be "it is over 10 yrs old, sorry"

langer1 said:
Both Autozone and Napa carry a "fuel pump Assembly", it's the whole thing not just a pump.

I know, but its over $150. I am cheap :)

Thread has been continued via PM, and a flange is in the mail which should do the trick. Hope there are no floods or tsunamis between Vermont and Kansas in the next week. You hear that, pat robertson? Hold off those tsunami prayers for a couple of days!

Back