• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock tires rub...REALLY bad

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 90 XJ Sport 2DR 4WD. Everything suspension/tire wise is stock, and the truck has 215/75/15's on it, on stock Cherokee rims. They rub like a SOB on the control arms...how is this possible with stock tires?

I've got some 235 BFG AT's I'd like to put on, but I think this would just destroy them...

ps. I'm not installing wheel spacers either, wheel bearings aren't cheap.

Do they rub when you turn in both directions?

Turn stops aren't located in the box like a normal vehicle? Where are these located?

Also, it only rubs on the drive side, when turned fully left. Right in the middle of the LCA.

Vanquish said:
it only rubs on the drive side, when turned fully left. Right in the middle of the LCA.

Is your axle centered? The axle being off to one side could cause that. Worn bushing or TRE, or lifted would cause the axle to be off to one side.

Turn stops are on each knuckle and have a plastic/rubber head on them when new. The plastic breaks off and allowes the wheels to turn to far.That also makes it hard on the u-joints you will feel them binding on a sharp turn.

Back