• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here and 1 question!

chadbuckner

NAXJA Forum User
HELP!!!!

Howdy, I'm new to the board but no where near new to wheeling. My wife and I are expecting our first baby, (just found out its going to be a boy):sunshine: Yes I'm stoked about that! Anyways I will be getting rid of my 91 Toyota pickup (decked out beyond belief) and am going to convert to the "JEEP THING":shocked: I am going to need the extra room. I can't afford the newer 4runners so I am settling for the next best thing:tears: J/K. I really like what I have seen with the XJ'x and their capabilities, and I have never honestly been against the jeeps, it's more of a joke to me. If it wheels I'll take it. So on to my question...
How common are the head problems on the 2000-2001 xj's. I am looking at getting a 2000 xj that has a brand new Rock Krawler Super 8" long arm suspension with the rear Coil over conversion done to it. Running on 35" BFG's It only has about 70K miles on it and a week old pearl white paint job. The interior is immaculate and the exterior is flawless. I can get a great deal on this but after brousing the board here for a few hours reading stuff, I found that some people had bad things to say about the 00-01's. That kinda worries me, thanks in advance for your help. NAXJA

Last edited:
yea, alot of people complain about those years, heads the are prone to cracking.

And as for bigger tires, I would check for worn out bushings and the alignment, and make sure it can be aligned properly. After lifting over 3 inches there needs to be alot of mods done that are not included in the lift kit, just make sure the lift was done right, i would make sure the suspension would flex properly from side to side, and any or all hoses don't bind.

I would also check the frame around the steering box to make sure it is not cracked or bent, it is suggested to put plates on either side of the subframe and internal spacers to keep a good width on the frame.

Back