• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suggestions?

deepshax

NAXJA Forum User
yea, im a newb, and yea ive done the search thing and inevitably came out with more questions spinning round my dome than before i started looking around.

i just picked up an 01 sport and was lookin to give it a lift. the majority of wheeling will be done on the beach(getting to the far away uncrowded peaks), no major trail riding at all. i dont really want to have to do much more than throw on the lift and the wheels...not really into modifying anything else at this point a la the driveshaft/sye/tcase due to lack of funds and i dont need another reason to get my dd f'd.

any suggestions on what to pick up?

preferrably i'd like to run some wider 31's
1. b/c sinking in sand sucks
2. they look badass

from the searches, id probably have to run a 3" lift correct? and would also need to pick up new shocks?

idk, haha, im very confused at this point and w/ so many options its got me flustered...i just dont want to make a bad decision and wish id gotten something else is all.

id like to keep the whole thing about a grand or under

at this point im looking at the RE 3.5" super ride(which id need to get some new shocks?) and their 2" as well as the pro comp 3"

any guidance would be much appreciated

thanks-joe

Last edited:
you'll need new shocks at 3" or your stock ones will not let you flex all the way.
You'll need to relocate the front brake lines.
You may need a new rear soft brake line.
an CV driveshaft may still be needed at 3", every Jeep is different, so don't be pissed if you lift it 3" and you get vibes. No one can tell you for sure if you will or not.
The RE stuff is real nice. I don't think you'll here anyone say anything bad about it.

Back