• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some quick advice on finishing buying lift stuff.

2000Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i have been searching for a while on htis site and other sites so far about 2 hours.

i have already ordered my 3" rustys spring pack kit with a 1.75 poly spacer up front. at the end of the week i am ordering my PORC sye and a used front drive shaft, i am also ordering extened brakelines. all this will be going on a 2000 Cherokee Sport

the one thing i am not sure on is, im not sure what shims to get. acording to the rustys site they recomend 3* shims for 3" lifts. and i have also been reading on dif forums as well as this one that people are using 4* shims.

so my question is which one should i go with? i want to try and buy everything at onc so i can install it and minimize down down, as my jeep is still my DD. i know each jeep is differnt but i am trying to see what people think and what other people are using so i can get a better idea..

thanks for any help

Mike D

before you get hounded to SEARCH by the various people who do said hounding, lol, ill tell you what ive read, every response you are going to get is going to tell you "MEASURE" you have to measure the angle between the ouput yoke and the ds and the differential case yoke and the ds. im not sure about the angles 15* maybe... dont quote me.
if i had to guess however i would say 3* would give you plenty...

i have read about easuring. im just wondering what people are using so i can get and idea. so i can buy something to get me in the ballpark so i can still drive my jeep after it is done.

Back