• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best price on leaf springs

trippinbillezz

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am tyring to fing the best place/price to buy new leaf springs for my 95 XJ sport, I need them to be 3'' in no more no less. I am planing on doing my own lift with sky jacker nitro shocks and coil springs 3in and a Rancho steering stablizer and 30-9.5 r15 BFG's... IF anyone knows where I can find the best deal on leafs let me know ( im leaning towards rusty's but they are going to cost me $ 55 dollars to ship to mich) or if they had any good or bad experinces with they stuff i listed any help would be great

thanks

Last edited:
your going to spend your money on skyjacker nitro shocks (over priced IMHO) and not 55 in shipping lol.

id say buy the pack, orrr buy an add a leaf, orrr go to a scrap yard and find an mj (comanche) and pluck its springs, ive heard they net somewhere in that range. not sure tho.

You can also do a Dakota Leaf Spring build pretty cheap. Rustys leafs are affordable but I've already had to rebuild mine after a year of wheelin.

You can go with the MJ leafs or just get some good shackles

YEAH I got some money to play with so I want to do new leafs not adds, umm yeah the reason I went with the skyjacker nitro's is because they have a 30 dollar rebate,over Rancho 5000's i will spend the 55 dollars if i have too i was just looking for the best deal, but yeah thanks for the suggestions

You can pick up some 3" Rough country's on Ebay for $245 and $40 for shipping. I just put them on my ride, they flex like mad. They come right from Rough Country...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-01-Jeep-XJ-Cherokee-3-Rear-Leafs-Lift-Kit-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33584QQitemZ8068481233QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

My buddy bought some 3.5" Rubicon Express springs, and he ended up with about 4.5" lift in the rear. They are SUPER stiff right now, hopefully they will be better when they get broken in

Anyway, $285 is pretty cheap...They were at our door in like 4 days.

Peace

I've never had a rough country leaf pack, but I can tell you that their coils are junk.

people dont' like rusty's cause they screw things up with shipping. And then then like half XJers have Rusty's, and half have Rubicon Express, and everyone thinks one is better than the other. I like rusty's coils.

trippinbillezz said:
so which would anyone recomend the RC'S or the Rusty's its sounds like alot of people dont care for Rusty's ?

I have the RC, have had them for about 1 month now, and I like them, They are stiff, but nice i think.

i'm actually interested in this thread as well.. but i have a question to ask - can i lift the back and drive that for a month, and then lift the front? I want to buy the springs+brake extensions+u-bolts+shackles, then the coils+q/discos+drop pit+stabilizer.. feesible to install them independently? 4.5 inches each.

I am fairly happy with the RC Leafs that I just put on, they are towards the flat side, in fact I ended up installing some Daystar shackles, and they flex prety well I must say. Though I am going to have to bumpstop the rear because the springs will EASILY arch the other direction on full stuff.(which I heard is a big no no) Anyway, they ride really well too.

on my MJ I had RC 3" coils. They flexed alright, but the ride was poor. The rear rode nice and flexed like a monster! Here is the best comparison I can give you:

Dirt roads. Specifically this one pretty well groomed one near my house that goes up and down some hills. The way the water drains on it it there surprisingly isn't too many pot holes, but rather the surface gets all wavy, kinda like the ripples on the beach at low tide. With the RC coils I always had to slow way down on this road. With my rusty's coils in my XJ, I can fly over the stuff much more easily. The front end moves up and down a little more but the ride is more comfortable.

Now you do have to consider that this comparison is between RCs on an MJ and Rusty's on an XJ, but in terms of the different results the MJ with the longer wheelbase should have handled the bumps at high speeds much better than the shorter wheelbase XJ. It was a long bed MJ.

I'm not tyring to knock RC, it does the trick, just stating my oppinion and how I've come to that oppinion. Hope it helps....even though this thread is not really supposed to be about coils!!

Yeah I still kinda suck on this as which way to go, my coil springs and shocks have arrived and my tires so I have to make up my decsion soon I am going to have to check out this BDS company being that they are in michigan and that would save me a ton

I just purchased some OME 2" leafs from DPG offroad for $210 for the pair and $70 S/H. Went from 16" to 20" just after lift and now after some riding around and towing 19.5". But the important thing is that when I hook up to my boat, 3000lbs, before new leafs went to 15", after 19" :party:

Rides much better especially when towing, now I just have to get those front coil springs in. Whats weird though is that my front was 17.5" before lift and 18.5" after w/no mods to the front.

Plus DPG offroad was great to deal with, they answered many questions, shiping, service, and prices are more than reasonable

Last edited:
I've also heard nothing but good things about DPGs prices and customer service. I've yet to do business with them, but I wouldn't think twice about it.

I'm surprised to hear that OME leafs were 210!!! Are you talking Add-a-leafs, or full spring packs??? This does not make sense to me...how could the best suspension out there be cheaper than everything else???

That was for 2" full leaf packs. I'm sure 3" are the same, I shopped around alot before I gave them a call. They were excellent to deal with and I'm no longer gona be searching around.

Back