• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56 out of a 29spline, will it fit my 27 spline??

I think you can get 29 spline axle shafts and make it work, search on it I know its been talked about. Upgrades all around.

I can't say for sure but I know that they differentiate between the two, making me think they aren't directly compatible. But Im no expert.

The ring and pinion are the same.

yes, its not a 29 spline r & p. its just the Chrys8.25 r & p. carriers are the same besides the spline counts on the side gears..

see this is why I have an "Not an expert" disclaimer. So why do they differentiate between the two?

rocklandxjer said:
so the 29 spline r and p will work with the 27 spline shafts?

i think the question has to asked..are you getting the entire carrier along with the ring and pinion or are you just getting the gear set?if its just the gear set your all good.if you are getting the carrier along with the gear set then you will need axle shafts as well.

now the second part doesn't the 8.25 have a gear break?

Wil Badger said:
now the second part doesn't the 8.25 have a gear break?
2.45 and down,
2.56 - 4.56.

he is right tho if you get the R and P on the carrier, your 27 shafts wont work with the 29 spline side gears... how much are gonna pay for used 4.56's ?

the r and p set, as im told, up to 4.56 doesnt require me to change the carrier, just the gears. so im guessing im good. the gears are goin to cost about 80 from a guy i no, so half of what a brand new set would cost, i inspected them, no visable wear or damage, and the guys a good guy so im hopin hes trustworthy. so unless something eludes me, im goin to need the r and p for the rear with the master install kit, and the r and p in the front with a new carrier (D30) and the front master install kit. am i right

Back