• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'94 Lights Out!! heater/ac control..

izmichael

NAXJA Forum User
94 XJ Country 4/dr 4wd

The lights are out on my heater/ac control. What type of bulb and where would the location behind the dash be for this lamp? How do I access it? My instrument dash lights come on as does my dome and switch lights, so I believe it is just a burnt bulb behind the heat/ac control,,,,though now that I think about it, my aftermarket radio lcd screen does not light up either....are these related?

Probably not related. I'm pretty sure all the lights in the dash are fed off the same circuit, so the light on the heater control is either burned out, or has fallen out. The light for the heater controls is a little "grain-of-wheat" push-in bulb, the same as those on the other switches. It is a single bulb, inserted into the back side of the heater control bezel with a very poorly designed plastic bayonet fitting.

To get at it, you must first remove the plastic bezel that surrounds the instruments. That is attached by several philips screws, two above the instruments (heads pointing down), and two or three above the switches. The top right corner has plastic prongs that snap in and just pull out. Once that is off, you'll see that the heater controls are held in by a couple of philips screws. You can take those out, and pull the controls toward you enough to see the bulb holder. These holders are very easy to break, and if you break the tabs you'll have to stick it back on with duct tape to keep it from falling out. So don't force it.

THanks, worked like a charm,,,,Damn Radio was hard to get out though jeeeeze...someone would have to have trashed my dash to get that out.

Back