• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

regearing

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
i have a nice idea but am not sure what to do. my friend saidmy jeep looks like it wants to pop a wheelie. i have a set of 30s in the back and 225 in the front ( DO NOT PUT THIS COMBINATION IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!) and I want it to but want to know if i regear it any wear will it have enough torque to lift up the front? if not what should i do to get the most mpg?

i have a 95 xj. I do not know anything about the whole dana35 or whatever it is but i can tell you wha tit looks like.

Gnat5680 said:
i have a nice idea but am not sure what to do. my friend saidmy jeep looks like it wants to pop a wheelie. i have a set of 30s in the back and 225 in the front ( DO NOT PUT THIS COMBINATION IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!) and I want it to but want to know if i regear it any wear will it have enough torque to lift up the front? if not what should i do to get the most mpg?

i have a 95 xj. I do not know anything about the whole dana35 or whatever it is but i can tell you wha tit looks like.
Are you serious... ?

:dunno:

wait what did you run by us? im confused. basically you told us not to put it in 4wd when you have diff size tires or your not running the same gear?

there is no practical way to set up an XJ to do wheel-stands... it has nothing in common with race cars that run the 1/4 mile.

lose the whole idea, get matching tires, and a clue..

sidriptide said:
there is no practical way to set up an XJ to do wheel-stands... it has nothing in common with race cars that run the 1/4 mile.

lose the whole idea, get matching tires, and a clue..

hater

well you could probably reduce weigth in the front by swaping to a 2wd setup in front. then drill large holes in the unibody/frame then get rid of fenders, hood, hell, the whole front end except for the motor then put 23" tires on the rear and lower it as much as possible in the rear. then swap to a ford 9" in the rear and get 5.89 gears and a spool.........

Shomsky462 said:
well you could probably reduce weigth in the front by swaping to a 2wd setup in front. then drill large holes in the unibody/frame then get rid of fenders, hood, hell, the whole front end except for the motor then put 23" tires on the rear and lower it as much as possible in the rear. then swap to a ford 9" in the rear and get 5.89 gears and a spool.........

But before you do that, add a BBC, tub the rear end, and add some 31x16x15 slicks. That should get you a wheelie with the right suspension setup in the rear. :rolleyes:

I can get my XJ to do wheel stands on 35" tires...
honestly, take the $$$ your thinking of spending on gears and get yourself a complete set of new tires. 30"s will be fine. then spend some more of that money on a basic 3" lift. then spend some more of that money on some rock rails.
4.88's (the lowest you can actually go) and 30" tires will have you doing like 45 on the freeway in OD @ 4000rpm.

I cant believe you are even asking this. Call me a hater but that is really stupid. I am guessing you are about 16 and this is your first vehicle. If so, tell mommie and daddy to buy you a vehicle that can do wheelies. See what their opinion is. If not, keep reading the forum. Maybee after some time you will start to realize why every one is on this forum.

Mount the differential sold to the frame. Then move the engine/tranny back to were the back seat was. Just cut a big hole in the belly pan. Hook the tranny to the dif by using the out put yoke one CV joint and Ubolt the CV to the dif.
Hay, it worked (more or less) in 73 with a VW bus and a 283 auto tranny and lots of 2 inch water pipe. them were the days.

whoa, im 17 and i know how to spen my money better than that, i got 6" 32's (goin 33's and 4.56) and i know that runnin 30s rear and 225s front is not for the cherokee. if your going to use it for everyday driving, im GUESSING it would be ok, probably not good tho. if you know, however that its not to be put into 4wd then why do it, its a cherokee, a jeep, its meant for offroad and sport utility purposes (though it did make a nice family car when my father had it, stocker lol) just by a small pickup or a mustang or camaro, why waste a good jeep on a silly look like that.

also, im not positive, but i dont think having your jeep at that angle would be too good for your engine and components especially wen braking when everything gets sloshed forward even further than they are at now. (brake fluid pressure too?? not sure but mine was all off untill i leveld my front and rear after my lift.) just go lower gears and spin em. that i-6 has got power enough to spin em.

Just take off the front shocks...gassit, lift, gassit, lift, gassit, lift...eventually you will get a little light under the front tires...or break something.

Disclaimer: This should only be attempted by trained stunt professionals on a closed course.

MudDawg said:
Just take off the front shocks...gassit, lift, gassit, lift, gassit, lift...eventually you will get a little light under the front tires...or break something.

Disclaimer: This should only be attempted by trained stunt professionals on a closed course.

And, most importantly, dont forget to video it.

correct me if I am wrong: If it is a 95, it has a non vacuum disconncet in the front axle correct? The front driveshaft will spin in 2wd. Therefore having a different diameter tire in the front and rear will reak havoc on the t-case. Right or Wrong?

Back