• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbars: RE HD or Kevin's/JKS

dennisuello

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ has about 6" of lift and Rusty's trackbar. When the driver side tire droops, the track bar hits the bracket and prevents further droop.
tb02.jpg

It also stresses the frame rod end and it even broke yesterday. That's why I am asking for help deciding. I don't have a lot of time to search and research.
I narrowed it down to RE HD trackbar and Kevin's (JKS) trackbar.

Seems like the JKS trackbar has more of a bend at the axle end to avoid contact with the bracket. But I've never seen RE HD tb in persona, so I can't compare it to the JKS/Currie one I saw yesterday on TJ.

Help me, I need to order it first thing tomorrow so I can do Rubicon next weekend. :D

I ran the RE HD track bar for a month, until I went to Moab, and it kept hitting my diff cover. I only have 3.5" of lift though. It would probably be fine with 6". It did improve the steering feel quite a bit. I didn't notice any bump steer anymore. Getting the bracket on was quite a chore for me because the hole was off just slightly, but that was right after they had first come out with it. The bar itself was pretty stout. I have a Teraflex track bar now, and it never hits the diff cover. It also has a bend near the axle end so it doesn't limit droop. The other thing I like about the Teraflex one is that you don't have to disconnect it from one end to adjust the length, you can do it while it's connected. I do feel more bumpsteer with the Teraflex one though since the frame mount point is up higher. If I had to do it again, I'd look at the Skyjacker one too, since they raise the mount point on the axle, it should give you a better angle like the RE HD one, but without hitting the diff cover and without giving it more leverage on the body end like the lowered mount does.

Well, I ordered RE trackbar with the bracket. We'll see how it works with ~6" of lift. I'm guessing it should be fine, since they sell it with their 5.5" Lift and it also will be included in Long Arm kit.

Back