• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 disconnect

yellowcj5

NAXJA Forum User
what is the cheapest way to permanently connect a disconnect axle. i don't want to fork over $200 for a posi-lok for a $500 MJ.

Open it up, put in about 11 washers, and close it up.

Permanently connected.

When you open it up, you'll see what I mean. Pull off the e-clips that hold it together, and just shim the fork over until you are in the fully-connected position. It is as easy as that.

connect a disconnet axle

If you do this, won't you have problems with your steering? I am going throught this right now, with my shift fork not disengaging the two axle pieces when in 2wd and my steering is very erractic on sharp turns.:confused:

Re: connect a disconnet axle

onetallmj said:
If you do this, won't you have problems with your steering? I am going throught this right now, with my shift fork not disengaging the two axle pieces when in 2wd and my steering is very erractic on sharp turns.:confused:

Locking the shift fork should make the axle functionally equivalent to a 91-up axle, which has no disconnect. If the steering is erratic, I'd suspect something else is wrong - perhaps bad universal joints.

Back