• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying a XJ!!!

natethegr8t

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I am new here looking to buy an XJ and building 'er up!! I am still kinda shopping around and just wondering if anyone can give any pointers? I am currently looking at this paticular XJ here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=201730788&dealer_id=94019&car_year= 2000&search_type=both&make=JEEP&distance=25&model= CHER&address=84105&certified=&advanced=&max_price= 15000&bkms=1147814683348&min_price=1&end_year=2007 &start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=24

what do yall think??

Not a real good price. I bought a 2000 Limited with 62K miles for $9200.00 in November 2004. The seller even trailered it 300 miles to me. Check out ebay.

First off - Welcome !

Dude. I just bought a 98 with 84k on the clock, 3" lift, and 31.5" tires on AR wheels for $4000 so good deals are out there. Keep looking and you'll find something in a much better price range ($5000-$6000) for a 2000 with 80-110k on the meter.

-mo-
It's a Cherokee thing.... Chrysler doesn't understand !

Looks good. I'm sure you should shop around some more to find some good deals. Ebay is a good place to start or try www.cars.com. Thats where I found mine for a great price back in 2003.
Alex

Man, that price is way too high. With gas prices being what they are, the value of our rides has gotten soft. So its a buyers market right now on these things.

around here(chicago) I'm constantly seeing 2000's in the $7-8K range so diddo on keep looking. Personally, I would get an older one so I would have more money for mods. Don't be scared of mileage, mine has 294,000 and still running strong, same with a lot of xjs ive seen.

I just bought mine of autotrader, try opening up your mileage area. I think its alot nicer site than cars.com but there seems to be less listings. Mine came from Utah, check for rust on the floor section behind the rear wheels, ie from the wheel well to the rear bumber. Mine is a little to soft there. I'm gonna POR15 it.

Back