• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would it be possible...?

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I have a BDS 3" lift, actually 3.5" lift.. rides exactly at 3.5". Anyway, found a set of 5 34x10.50x15 LTBs mounted on AR767 wheels with 3.75" backspacing for sale around me. I have read that with proper trimming fitting 35x13.50s on an XJ with 4.5" or less of lift is possible (June 2006 issue of 4 wheel drive mag). The XJ is running a bit less than 4.5 in of lift, but it is also running 35s... I dont mind the trimming I would have to do, I am fulling willing to trim, and trim would definately be an understatement, but before I go and purchase the tires, I was curious as to if anyone thinks this is something to just forget and move on from. I would also be regearing to 4.56s, so I would be covered in the gearing department. I ask partly becuase I am highly considering adding anohter inch or 2 of lift in the next year or so, and would definately want 34s or so then, but for now... whats your opinion on this project...?

I say buy the 34's. I run them on a 2" lift, Im also cut to hell too, but they are great tires and you wont be disappointed.

They'll fit yeah.

Dont pay too much, the LTB's are like $115 each new locally, and they don't last very long. If they dont wear out (20k miles or less highway) they fall apart.

Yeah, I looked into it, they are up for like 550 (im gonna try for 500) mounted on AR767 wheels. Around 5k-6k miles (and one brand new spare, why it wasnt rotated through, idk). I still gotta take a look at them, but 5 tires and wheels for that price doesnt seem bad at all, esp cuase if there are problems... they are cheap and easy to replace.

Yeah, at $500 not a bad price prolly. The wheels run about $60 each and the tires $115 or so.

Keep in mind the 16" tires are 30% stronger than the 15" tires with LTB's. If you dont get a good deal and decide to buy new, get the 16" stuff.. it lasts longer.

LTB's were on my shortlist of tires to run. Not that I think they'd really be a great tire, but they *LOOK* mean and are cheap ;)

If i ever hit a point where I cant afford creepy's or MT/R's, i may roll on a set of LTB's for a couple months while i save cash for something better. ;)

I think that goes back to difference in terrain. Finding mud around here requires paying a 'pay to play' fee at a park designated for mud use, and risking being run over by drunks in f350's. Most of the wheeling here is desert and rocks..

Damn father refusing to let me get my tires... hahaha. Now is why I question why I didnt get a summer appartment away from home.. hmmm... I got some negotiation to do I guess. I want my 34s!!!

Back