• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Draglink end just spinning...

ODXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
I have a heavy duty draglink, but it appears the end that attaches to hi-steer knuckle is bad. The bolt itself is loose, and when I went undo the bolt the bolt and nut just kept spinning together. So, how do I get this thing off now... and once I do I should be able to get the entire end at any parts store correct? Thanks.

Intrepid's method should work fine, especially if the threads on the stud are not badly rusted or banged up. Since I usually encounter lots of rust, if I can get the stud to stop turning, I will turn the nut back in a little first, lube it up and then loosen it until it threatens to spin, repeating that cycle until it comes all the way off.

IntrepidXJ said:
had this problem not too long ago. put a jack under the tie-rod end and put a little pressure on it. then just zipped the nut off with an impact. came right off
Just did it this way, too. If it's one that you can't get a jack on, use a big c-clamp.

Back