• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator swap problem

AZRockRunner

Nobody
Ok, here we go. I went for the whole shebang and got a new 3 core radiator for a 94+ cherokee and a new electric fan for a 94 also. Mine is a 1990 with a closed system currentyl. I got my old radiator out and did a test fit with the new fan and the new radiator and the mounting tabs are different places than my stock radiator. I searched around and everyone says use a 94 cherokee radiator and it is basically a straight swap. Did I get a bad radiator???? It is a Silla 3 core heavy duty radiator. I am just wondering before I call the guy and gripe. He is not easy to deal with but has great prices so I used him anyway.

What "tabs" are you talking about ? There should be two pins on the bottom of the radiator and two bolt on mounts on top.On the pass side the fan shroud will use two slots on the bottom of the rad and there are two slots on the drivers side for the elect fan to fit in as well as two bolts in the tops of each shroud/fan.
I did a 96 rad into a 87 and used the 87 shroud & fan with no problems.
Wayne

I am talking about the tabs on the bottom that the electric fan go into. They are to far to the left of the radiator and the electric fan will not go in and sit flush with the radiator like it should.

Did not have any problem on my rad.Is the spacing wrong,slot too small ?
You may have to take it back----.
Wayne

Back