• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Tank Skid

Which Gas tank Skid?

• Total voters

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
What to know what you run? Do you like it? Worth the money? Quality of the product?

grand cherokee skid plate. I paid 25. I guess I like it, but it collects debris, and hangs a little low, but if you are that far over somthing then does the lowness of a gas skid really matter, just drag it over.

OEM skid. The 2 inch receiver has helped alot also.

DPG

Excellent fit and finish with great customer service.

Ive got an OEM skid. No complaints but I dont do hardcore stuff. Its thinner than most aftermarket skids but cost was right and fit is good.

I would have run Rusty's, but it wouldnt work with my aftermarket hitch. So I ended up going with skid row, and so far so good.

Ben H said:
grand cherokee skid plate. I paid 25. I guess I like it, but it collects debris, and hangs a little low, but if you are that far over somthing then does the lowness of a gas skid really matter, just drag it over.

I also run this, land on it a couple times and it won't hang as low, has hung in there for some good abuse.

Just put an OEM one on this weekend....for $30 it couldn't be beat, if I find it isn't enough (I am not a rock-crawler) then I will weld some 3/16" strips to strengthen it...it sits right under the gas tank, so I can't imagine that it hangs lower than other ones...

Oh, and find someone to help you install the thing, wrestling to get it in position and then get the hitch back on was a bear of a job to to by myself.

yeah, Rusty's wont work with ANY f***ing hitch. I think it might work with a Hidden hitch, but I am looking into that (I now work at a place that sells hitches) but it wont work with the OEM or the U-Haul hitch. I have measured the OEM and I have a u-Haul, and they wont work. My vote? Not Rusty's

MIXJ said:
yeah, Rusty's wont work with ANY f***ing hitch. I think it might work with a Hidden hitch, but I am looking into that (I now work at a place that sells hitches) but it wont work with the OEM or the U-Haul hitch. I have measured the OEM and I have a u-Haul, and they wont work. My vote? Not Rusty's
I have a Hidden hitch, and Rusty's doesnt work. The hitch place and I couldnt figure out how to get it to work. Heck, now that I think of it, I had to cut a notch out of my hitch just to get the skid row skid to fit.

I'm running a rockwerks skid now (xjnation)

So far so good...it's taken some substantial hits already and I'm impressed!

joecool said:
I have a Hidden hitch, and Rusty's doesnt work. The hitch place and I couldnt figure out how to get it to work. Heck, now that I think of it, I had to cut a notch out of my hitch just to get the skid row skid to fit.

I had the same w / the Skid Row. I cut it down & changed the mounts to the side of the hitch instead of frame rails. Works great for me. Easier to drop than if using the original mounts.

Rob

joecool said:
Shoulda just used it in the design.

is.php

is.php

is.php

Edit: Other.....

Last edited:
For all who have posted other on the poll, which other? Some have said and others have not.

NO one is running a FXD gas tank skid? If you are let hear what you think.

Other: Rock Lizard

Last edited:
Back